Sunday, December 30, 2012

in august i told you where i was



it was the first week after i met you. i was living between this world of solitude and space with myself in conjunction with this new incessant communication between us.
i went north along that ocean side highway and finally left my car because this felt like the spot for me. i walked a path between bushes which came to a clearing that revealed the most spacious, vacant beach. i settled there with my books and journal as always is my company.
it was this adventure by myself, but you were there in the way you've been for months.

i got so used to carrying you along with me to nude beaches, wearing ripped skirts and landing in bushes, crossing the country to see a city at a distance and telling you about it, sitting on a hillside hearing patty griffin live, lying back in my car at 2 am under a glaring nordstrom emblem and with the rain pounding down. i witnessed your life for awhile and you witnessed mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment