Saturday, January 26, 2013

naked



we are seated in the corner of a noisy bar in Oakland. both of us are several drinks in, just enough to feel unnerved. the bar is brimming over and you ask--"was that the first time you've given head?"..."yes," I reply in complete surrender. there it is...
     
we get to the concert and somehow end up separated. in a drunken stupor I make my way to the ladies'. in the process of skirting through the crowd I am melting down and the tears start to collect. i see nothing but blurred faces as I push past strangers and through the swinging door to find both stalls occupied. with the uninhibition that comes along with alcohol I begin to wail while standing in the open area at the sinks. a stall door opens and i make my way inside dodging the question- "are you okay...?" i shut the door on everything and close in on myself. suddenly I am utterly ragged and vulnerable. I sob in this bathroom and drop to a seated fetal position on the presumably nasty tile floor. I didn't intend for you to have so much of my vulnerability, and in turn, my heart. I am so debilitated in this moment by how exposed I feel toward you. 
     
I've been naked with you and I am naked in front of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment